I’m a startup founder with experience in developer tools, machine learning, and data infrastructure. I’ve raised more than $25M in venture capital, sold one company, and worked as an executive for 2 unicorns.
I’m also angel investor, voracious reader, occasional blogger, lover of spreadsheets, snuggler of dogs, and passionate amateur home cook.
Professionally, I consider myself “semi-retired” but also too Type A to actually retire. So I’m also:
- Cofounder of Groupthink – a collaborative AI assistant that trains on your internal company data and business processes
- A certified professional coach, focused on startup founders and executives (learn more)
- Investor in 30+ startups and a handful of funds
You might also recognize me from my previous adventures:
- Senior Director of Inbound Marketing at Gitlab — I left shortly before the IPO of $GTLB
- General Manager of Meltano — an internal startup at Gitlab that was spun out in June 2021
- Cofounder & CEO of Mattermark — acquired by FullContact December 2017
- Cofounder & CEO of Referly (Y Combinator Summer ’12) — pivoted to Mattermark April 2013
- First employee at Twilio, the cloud communications company — IPO $TWLO June 2016
The early days: if you want to hear me I talk about some of the more formative things that lead to my career building and investing in software businesses you can read that here.
Let’s stay connected through Hacker News, Twitter, or my Substack